We understand that your quality of life can be greatly impaired by missing teeth. Chewing becomes difficult, smiling can be too embarrassing, and the overall feeling of well-being and happiness feels compromised. Dental implants are a fantastic solution to help revive a healthy, appealing smile.
Considering Dental Implants?
There are several reasons why dental implants are a great choice to improve your smile:
- Lasts a lifetime. Usually no need for replacement.
- No loose parts. Dental implants are safe, stable, and comfortable.
- Without the structure from a natural tooth, the jawbone can literally shrink, giving your face an aged appearance.
- They look and feel completely natural!!
- Dental implants will improve health, appearance, and over-all quality of life.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants replace missing teeth. They are small, titanium screws that are placed in the upper, or lower, jawbone. This screw is the base of the implant that will hold and stabilize the replacement tooth, or teeth. This includes crowns, bridges, and/or dentures.
Dental implants are often chosen by people who have removable dentures or bridges. Implants make a drastic improvement in the ability to chew comfortably.
Dental Implant Step-by-Step Procedure
- An X-ray will be taken of the jawbone to make sure it can hold the titanium implant.
- Plastic compound models of the mouth are taken for measurements and locating gaps.
- The implants are then fitted through a surgical procedure. In approximately 2-6 months, the implant will fuse to the bone and tooth restorations can be attached.
- An abutement, which attaches the tooth to the implant, can be immediately attached.
- During the final step, a custom crown is permanently set. It will fit and appear as if it is a natural tooth.
Dental Implants And Old Age
Many older people are worried that age is a determining factor in how well they can enjoy dental implants. The biggest concern regarding dental implants is health. Although some health conditions and diseases can cause problems with the dental implant procedure, our office will provide an extensive evaluation to make sure that you are a good candidate for dental implants. Your health is of the utmost importance to us.
How Will Dental Implants Impact My Life?
One of the major benefits that dental implants can provide is self-esteem. Being able to chew and smile comfortably, knowing that your implants are safe, stable, and natural looking can surely increase your self-image and your quality of life.
Dental implants can make you feel brand new! Call us now to schedule an initial consultation and see how we can help you.